Sharing with a Group
Sharing a VoiceThread with a Group is a quick and easy way to securely grant access to a number of people at once.
From the Group space
- Click on the Group in the sidebar on the left side of your VT Home page to see the existing content in that Group.
- Click “Add Your Own” in the top-right corner.
- If you want to share a VoiceThread you’ve already created, click “Select from my VoiceThreads”. If you are creating a new one, click “Create a new VoiceThread”.
At this point, you’ll be walked through the process to select or create your VoiceThread on screen.
On the VT Home page
- Click and drag a VoiceThread toward the left side of the VT Home page. Your Groups menu will pop open if it’s not already open.
- Drop the VoiceThread onto the Group with which you’d like to share it.
- Review to make sure that the correct Group is selected in the drop menu, decide whether you want to share the original VoiceThread or share a unique copy of it, and select the button to give this group viewing access, commenting access, or editing access for your VoiceThread.
- If you are sharing a copy, make sure to give your new copy a name and decide which comments you want to keep.
- Click “Share”.
From the sharing area
- Access the sharing area.
- Go to the Secure tab.
- Click on the name of the Group(s) with which you’d like to share. Those Group names will appear in the top-right corner of the window.
- Click on the level of permission you’d like to give the Group on the right side of the page.
- Click “Share”.
Note: Free account holders can only share with a Group from the VT Home page. You must own or be an editor of a VoiceThread to share it with a Group.